The solar energy that hits the earth
every second is equivalent to 4 trillion 100-watt light bulbs.
Furthermore, the solar energy that hits one square
mile in a year is equivalent to 4 million barrels of oil.
Thus, the potential of solar energy is immense
“The solar energy that hits the earth every second is equivalent to 4 trillion 100-watt light bulbs. Furthermore, the solar energy that hits one square mile in a year is equivalent to 4 million barrels of oil. Thus, the potential of solar energy is immense.”
This is more than 10,000 times the world’s energy use and this energy is completely renewable.
Solar PV Explained
The term Solar PV (Photovoltaic) refers to an array of cells containing a Solar Photovoltaic material that converts Solar Radiation into direct current electricity. Reports claim Photovoltaic production has doubled every two years since 2002, making it the world’s fastest growing Solar Power and Energy Technology as a whole. In the UK Solar is expected to reach grid parity by around 2020.
What are Solar PV Panels
Solar PV panels or Photovoltaic Solar panels work by converting light into electricity. When daylight strikes a PV solar panel, a DC electrical current is generated. If a series of panels are arranged on a roof, this current becomes significant. The DC current travels via a cable to an inverter located in the attic, and this inverter converts the electricity from DC to AC. The AC power is then sent to the fuse board and from there distributed to all of the power outlets throughout your property. Any excess power generated can be used for space or water heating.
Advantages of Solar PV
- Solar energy is energy supplied by nature – as such it is free and abundant
- Solar energy can be made almost anywhere there is sunlight
- The use of Solar PV results in savings of up to 50% on your current electricity bills
- Environmentally friendly – Solar PV panels provide clean, green energy. During production of electricity from Solar PV panels no harmful greenhouse gases are produced.
- Operating and maintenance costs for Solar PV panels are considered to be low and almost negligible compared to costs of other renewable energy systems
- Solar PV panels have no mechanically moving parts, except in cases where a sun tracking device is fitted. As a result they require very little maintenance
- Solar PV panels are totally silent, producing no noise at all
- A higher BER Rating is achieved with use of Solar PV
- There is minimal disruption involved in the installation of Residential solar panels
- Solar PV can be used to charge electric vehicles
Grants of up to €3,800 are available through SEAI Ireland to install Solar PV in your home.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“Great professional service from start to end, would highly recommend.”
Burconn Energy Management and Control